*Personal information: Information related to a living person through which a specific individual can be identified through a name, birthdate or other detail, etc. included in that information.
MCTI recognizes that appropriate handling and protection of personal information is an important social responsibility in the course of its business operations, and is committed to protection of personal information based on the basic policies below.
1. Compliance with laws and regulations
MCTI firmly recognizes that compliance with laws, regulations, and rules is a major premise in corporate sustainability. MCTI complies with laws, regulations, guidelines, and Company Rules related to the protection of personal information. MCTI also cooperates and makes approaches with each group company in regard to compliance with laws and regulations concerning protection of personal information.
2. Acquisition of personal information
MCTI makes the purpose of use of personal information clear, and acquires the information through lawful and fair means.
3. Use of personal information
MCTI shall not use personal information in excess of the range to achieve the purpose of use without obtaining consent from the concerned individual, with the exception of cases where permitted by law.
4. Provision of personal information to a third party
MCTI shall not disclose or provide personal information to a third party without obtaining consent from the concerned individual, with the exception of cases where permitted by law.
5. Safe management of personal information
MCTI has established Company Rules related to protection of personal information and appointed an administrator responsible for the acquisition and protection of personal information to promote various measures including development of a management system for protection of personal information.
MCTI is making efforts toward necessary and appropriate safety management in accordance with the Company Rules, to prevent leak, loss, damage, or illegal access of personal information. MCTI also conducts training programs for its management and staff on appropriate handling of personal information.
6. Inquiries related to personal information, and requests for disclosure or correction, etc.
In the event that MCTI receives an inquiry or a request for disclosure or correction, etc. from a concerned individual of their personal information that MCTI possesses, MCTI shall respond promptly.
Handling of Personal Information
- ・Purposes of use of personal information
- ・Provision to third parties
- ・Shared use of personal information
- ・Inquiries and procedure related to disclosure of personal information
- ・Handling of personal information on the website
1. Purposes of use
①Purposes of use of personal information
MCTI may use personal information of clients within the scope necessary for the purposes of use below, within the scope necessary for MCTI to accomplish corporate activities.
- Provision of MCTI’s products or services
- Provision and proposal of information on MCTI’s products and services
- Surveys, etc. related to planning, development and use of MCTI’s products and services
- When required when exercising rights or fulfilling obligations based on laws and regulations or legal agreements
- When required to contact clientele, business partners or other concerned parties
- When responding to inquiries or requests made by clientele, etc.
- When required in informing concerned parties at events such as exhibitions, seminars, etc.
- When required in recruitment procedures
- When required otherwise to ensure smooth operation of business
2. Provision to third parties
①Provision of personal information to third parties
MCTI will not provide personal information to third parties with the exception of the following cases:
- When permission is granted by the concerned individual
- When provision of personal information is requested based on laws and regulations, etc.
- When it is necessary to protect the lives, physical bodies and properties of persons, and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the concerned individual
- When it is particularly necessary in the concern of improving public health or promoting the sound upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the concerned individual
- When it is necessary to cooperate in order for an agency of the national government or a local government, or an entity entrusted by such a government agency to fulfill duties specified by law, and obtaining the approval of the concerned individual may hinder fulfillment of the said duties
- When providing personal information to an MCTI contractor within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes of use
- When providing personal information in accordance with succession of business due to a merger, etc.
- When personal information has been acquired for the purpose of providing it to a third party, and its purpose, the data items to be provided, means of provision, and how to request for suspension of provision have been notified or can be easily identified
- To appropriately respond to inquiries, requests for information, etc. from clients, MCTI may share names and contact information of clients (postal codes, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses) with its group companies. In such cases, MCTI will be responsible for managing personal information of clients, etc.
3. Shared use of personal information
Where necessary, personal information that MCTI acquires from a client, business partner, etc. may be used jointly as follows.
- Items to be used jointly: Company name, department, position, name of individual, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Scope of joint users: MCTI and its group companies
- Purpose of use of joint users: To provide services related to MCTI’s businesses to clients, business partners, etc. in a beneficial and appropriate manner.
- Entity responsible for management of personal data: Mitsui Chemicals Tohcello, Inc.
4. Inquiries and procedure related to disclosure, etc. of personal information
When MCTI receives a request, etc. from a concerned individual or his/her lawfully appointed representative regarding disclosure, use, revision, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, erasure, suspension of provision to a third party of a client’s personal information (hereinafter collectively referred to as “disclosure, etc.”), MCTI shall handle such a request in an appropriate method only in cases where MCTI is able to confirm that the requestor is the concerned individual himself/herself or his/her lawfully appointed representative.
Contact for inquiries
For any inquiries related to personal information acquired by MCTI, or to request disclosure, etc. or file a complaint related to handling of personal information, contact MCTI by postal mail at the following address.
Mitsui Chemicals Tohcello, Inc.
Human Resources & Corporate Administration Dept., Corporate Administration Group
Address: Sumitomo Fudosan Kanda Building, 7 Kanda Mitoshiro-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8485
5. Handling of personal information on the website
- This MCTI website uses highly safe technology to maintain security and protect our clients’ personal information.
- MCTI makes maximum efforts to protect the privacy and personal information of clients on the MCTI website; however, on websites that are not under MCTI’s management, even if they are websites to which there are links on the MCTI website, MCTI is unable to manage clients’ personal information. As such websites may gather clients’ personal information uniquely, or gather personal information in a format such as through information written on bulletin boards, etc., take sufficient care in handling your personal information.
To protect the privacy of clients, when sending information through which an individual can be identified, MCTI uses SSL (encrypted communication) technology that encrypts input data and that can send and receive this data safely. By using a browser that supports security functions, personal information such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc. input by clients is automatically encrypted before it is sent or received, and thus there is no risk of information leaking to a third party.